Monday, August 15, 2016

Working towards a greater goal

Yesterdays blog entry was a mess so I will not being going all super scatter brain today.

These last 6 months being at home have taught me a lot about what I want out of my life. I enjoy being at home, but as with every job it has its highs and lows. I think I have finally started to find my stride, I had a lot of baggage from my last job that I had to get over and I am happy to say that I am on the road to my sanity being recovered. I visit with my best friend from childhood every week and we always talk about our hopes and dreams and most importantly crazy ideas we have. These discussions are usually accompanied with a bottle of beer that makes all our hair brained ideas sound even better...lol.

In all seriousness, recently I have been kicking around the ideas that maybe we can really make some money out of our crazy random talents. I bake really well and so does she, what I lack in creativity in art I make up for with trying new things. She is really creative and I think that together we could really get a small business off the ground. I would like to learn how to decorate cakes and make other small fancy treats that work well for parties and favors. I figure I should probably start practiving to really get good at a few things and then start marketing and promoting myself. I was reading about these kids in San Bruno that are making a killing selling potato messages...yea i'm so serious. I figure I can make a couple extra bucks doing something I really enjoy.

Today I made some really yummy chocolate chip walnut cookies. They turned out so great, check out my adventures in cooking blog for the pics and recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment